Cyberforce/Hunter-Killer, Volume 1

Cyberforce/Hunter-Killer Volume 1 - Mark Waid, Kenneth Rocafort Appeal Characteristics: fast pace, thrills, mystery

I've only read the first issue so let me start by saying this is a blend or cross over of two separate series I think. It's a mini-series dealing with these types of "special power" operative teams who must work together to over throw this crazy guy. That being said I'm really interested in a lot of back stories or maybe other worlds some of these characters inhabit. This has nothing to do with the story. Anyway, there is a "head" manipulator who has a few teams at each others throats. Anyway, there is a few world-building, "mutant" descriptions in the beginning to fill you in...and all I know is Ellis is the "key" or at least the vital force in trying to keep everyone from killing each other. What I will tell you (i'm trying not to include spoilers) is that I was interested in meeting or finding out about a lot of these characters. It reminds me of the Runaways, or the X-factor as all the main characters seem "younger" than the X-men or Justice League.