Iron: Or, the War After - Shane-Michael Vidaurri SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT I JUST READ?! I think I'm semi-intelligent but this abstract concept idea just blew me out of the water---

Speaking of blowing things up---this book had the recipe for an effective novel: art, mood, characters, themes: (espionage, war, survivors, rebels, terrorist attacks, BOMBS, & CHILDREN. I'm just not sure when it was all mixed together it did not formulate into anything but a sense of "Should I read this again?" or "Did I not pick up on the little details?" "Are clues in the art?"---I was left with a huge question mark. I felt that this was almost an exploration of war musings or an experimental theme of as the title suggests about the aftermath of a war.

I mean the art is a 5! Visually appealing and such striking details it has such a Maus feel. I mean you could FEEL the tension in the art...the palette the murky---blurred lines---the torn letters...and I am immediately scrambling to identify with what human survivors could be identified. I mean the whole book is just amazing, and I kept reading going---I know I'll get it in the end...It will make sense in the end.

brain hurts

Unfortunately, I did not figure it out. I almost feel as if somehow I might be missing out on something. I guess I need to reevaluate or just think about this storyline for a bit.

brain hurts

Maybe it will come to me one day....